Saturday 8 September 2018

Why I Only Order Things Online Now

I am going to start off this article by saying that I am an incredibly lazy person. To put things bluntly, I don’t do anything unless I absolutely have to. That includes things at work (my coworkers and bosses hate me) and also things around the house. Various tasks like mowing the lawn, doing the dishes, taking out the trash, and other miscellaneous things rarely get done around my house because I am simply too lazy to care. I know that a lot of people will judge me for this sort of behaviour, but I would like to say that you should not judge someone unless you know more about them.


A lot of people who look at me on the surface may think that I am just a lazy person who doesn’t care about anything, and they would probably be right. I am not totally sure where I was going with that point, but now you have a basic understanding of who I am as a person for the context of this article. What I really want to talk about today is online shopping and how easy it has become. 10 years ago, ordering things online was a completely different form of purchasing goods and services. Not only were things more expensive, but the wait time was absolutely excruciating. Sometimes I would have to sit on my couch for a week or two straight before anything that I ordered came in.


Nowadays, however, I can order things online and have them at my house in literally just 1 or 2 days. That means that for lazy people like me, I don’t have to waste my time going to the supermarket or the grocery store. Ever since COVID hit and I was locked alone in my house for weeks on end, I got extremely used to just ordering everything I needed online. Now that some of the restrictions have been lifted and people are going back to some semblance of a normal life, I still refuse to go back to stores. After all, why would I want to go through all the trouble of locating my car keys, walking outside, getting in my car, pulling out of my driveway, driving to the grocery store and having to sit in traffic, only to run into a crowd of people at the grocery store and just ruin my day. It is much easier to order everything online. The world has made it very easy to order just about anything you want online, if you don’t mind waiting just a little bit. And for me, I don’t mind waiting at all. In fact, waiting just gives me more time to sit in my house and do nothing.



There is no better feeling than seeing that UPS truck roll up to my house and knowing that my new package is here. To be honest, I order so many products on a regular basis that I usually have no idea what is going to be coming in the mail that day. My friends and family are worried I have an online shopping addiction, but I don’t. The only downside is that I have so much excess shipping supplies in my garage from the packing supplies. So if you need any free shipping supplies, let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment